Tuesday, July 10

Life's been good since the last post - have tons of photos to be uploaded, but they need to be resized first else it'd crash the bandwidth. Heh.

3rd week of e.s.e and I've taught a number of lessons so far - out of my three classes, I'd say I'm most intimidated by my sec3 history class. They're the cream of the crop and boy, they do ask challenging questions! Will be seeing them for the first time later at 1315 and I pray tt all will go well. The other 2 classes are alright - they're sec1 classes and still get intimidated by my stares and my loud voice. Hee.

I feel a sense of achievement every time I leave a classroom after conducting a lesson, and I'm glad, cos this means tt I've chosen the right path. This also reaffirms my belief in myself and all tt I can do, for myself and for my classes. Idealistic as it may sound, I do want to touch each and every one of my students in some way; and perhaps inspire them, like how Ms.Lim inspired me back in jc.

Of course the school environment is very important as well, and I am already praying tt I'll get a good sch for my practicum. It really does make a difference.

I feel like a soldier now, inspired and holding a high morale. Though I know tt there will be challenges ahead, and exhaustion when it comes to preparing lessons, I hope, at the end of the day, that I'll still hold this pretty picture of what teaching really means. (:

No comments: