Sunday, March 4

of punctuality and yummy food

I'm over at the boyfriend's place right now, while waiting for his friends to arrive. Estimated time of arrival at his place was supposed to be 2pm; and I left home late, took a cab down, thinking tt I'll be the last to arrive at 2.50pm.

Apparently not.

Its now 3.30pm and none of them are here, yet. I don't mean to sound bitchy [although I know I can be, sometimes]; but when someone tells you to reach at a certain time, it is not polite manners to be more than an hour late. This is not what being fashionably late constitutes.

*sigh* but then again I guess different friends behave in different ways - I'm quite sure none of my friends are like that, else they wld have to suffer my wrath by the time they decide to show up on my doorstep. Hah.

Today marks the 15th day of the Lunar New Year; which means its the last day of CNY! Its also supposed to be the Chinese version of Valentine's Day, as J.ock very nicely reminded us in class on Friday. I wonder who nowadays still "celebrate" such a traditonal occasion, but I think it'll be uber sweet if couples do! Hee and no, this is not a hint to Chong, because I'm already very satisfied with our V-day, and I am someone who appreciates contentment. (:

Last Sunday we had our much overdue Valentine's Day dinner, and we combined it with our 3rd mth of togetherness. Its funny - 3 mths sounds like such a short time, but somehow I feel tt we've been together much longer than tt. And I say it in a postive way; because I just feel so comfortable and so in love with him tt it doesn't seem logical tt I wld feel this way after 3 short months.

Anyway, we went to this very nice restaurant, Michelangelo's, for dinner. It's an Italian restaurant with this really romantic and cosy ambience (check it out here). The walls and ceilings had victorian murals on them, very pretty with a nice touch. Its an upper-mid range place, and I had an inkling of that only when the waiter handed us a wine list menu together with the menu for the main courses. I was puzzled when I saw that they didn't had any desserts on offer, but guess what? After our dishes were cleared, the waitress handed us a dessert menu! Which gives the place 4 menus in all:

- Main Courses
- Desserts
- Wine List
- Cocktails


Here's a picture of how the place looks, on the inside. Candlelight + soft music = v romantic ambience!

All in all, it's a really nice place with a pricey tag to boot; and the total bill came up to $130+ with an appetizer, 2 pastas, 1 Italian ice-cream, a glass of wine and a mocktail. Not what I'd usually be willing to spend [though it was his treat but I wldn't want to make such big holes in his pocket. hah]; but the boyfriend wanted a really nice memory for our first Valentine's, and he succeeded in doing so! (=

And with regard to the previous post, I'm feeling much more positive and optimistic about the future, and I've decided tt there's really no point sometimes, to worry about things that may not be within our control. So I'll just be happy and content, and enjoy every single moment we share.

On a sidenote, the boyfriend came over to my place later in the evening and he met almost my whole extended family! It's actually a first, for my extended family to meet my boyfriend and vice versa. Chong handled himself pretty well with my aunts and uncles, I would say; and even interacted with my cousins and my brother by playing Blackjack with them.

I love the boyfriend for being sociable, with my family and friends!

No comments: