Wednesday, April 26

issac delivers the bad news

Dear Elicia, K**** and P*******,

I regret to inform you that we are not able to award you an internship this year. Your enthusiasm and interest in speech therapy had been very encouraging, and all of you could potentially go on to become good therapists, but unfortunately, we could only accomodate 2 interns.

*blah blah blah*

Bad news, delivered at 10.33 am this morning, manages to create a sense of negativity in me. Of all mornings, he chooses the morning tt I have a paper at 5pm to inform us about his "sense of regret". I even doubt the sincerity of his regret.

Ok lah, I am just being a tad sour-grapes abt this whole thing. I don't mind so much tt I didn't get shortlisted for the internship, but more so "what made me lose out?" I really wld like to know, but no way am I gg to email Issac back to ask him. Hmpf.

On another note, who wants to spend 70% of her internship doing menial admin support work and not being paid a single cent at all; with 30% observating the other STs? Works out to 14 days worth of admin; and 6 days of observation. Might as well get a temp admin job outside doing the same menial things but getting paid a measly sum at the same time.

Sorry lah, I know I sound super sour-grapes, but I can't help it! Indulge me.

No comments: