Wednesday, September 21

who am I to you?

[everyone seems to be doing this, and so shall I :) are you in my list?]

I'm the girl who you had so much fun with when we were young. I'm the girl who you said was your best friend. I'm the girl who bit you; and ended up getting canned for it. I'm the girl who broke off contact with you when we grew older and came to regret it.

I'm the girl who was jealous of you for being so pretty when I wasn't. I'm the girl who was your partner for a year in class. I'm the girl who you refused to speak to when I broke your mechanical pencil accidentally. I'm the girl who was too proud to apologize, and we went our separate ways for months. And I'm the girl who made things up with you when I bought you a new pencil. I'm the girl who saved my allowance for months just to do that. And I'm the girl who pretends not to know you now when we meet.

I'm the girl who you said you would love forever. I'm the girl who cheered you up, and was there when you needed me. I'm the girl who started off as a friend, but who became a confidante, and then a cherished one. I'm the girl whose heart was first broken by you. I'm the girl who travelled for 90 minutes to meet you - only to find that you had not waited. I'm the girl who had to hold my tears back when you said we weren't meant to be. I'm the girl who you thought could replace her...but it was not to be.

I'm the girl who has loved you for so long. No matter how much scoldings, I will always be the girl who loves you unconditionally. I'm the baby girl who you had to wait seven years to have, and I'm the girl who brought you so much joy and laughter and pain too. I'm the girl who will always be your daughter.

I'm the girl who stays true to my horoscope. I'm the girl who never forgets. I'm the girl who will forgive, but still nothing will go back to the same as before.

I'm the girl who wrote a suicide note. I'm the girl who planned to jump just because of bad results. I'm the girl you cried and held when you found my note. I'm the girl who was relieved you weren't angry at me for doing so poorly in my first major exam.

I'm the girl who you had your first crush on. I'm the girl who you never had enough courage to date. I'm the girl you came to school especially early just to meet me. I'm the girl you would walk out of school with to my dad's car and say a 'good-bye' and 'see you tommorow' every day. I'm the girl who had a crush back on you. I'm the girl who wondered what would happen if you had the courage.

I'm the girl you first loved. I'm the girl who is so glad and thankful to have found you, even if you don't know that. I'm the girl who thinks you're the best guy ever to come into my life. I'm the girl who you piss off at times with your insensitive words, but who shrugs it off when you tease and make me smile. I'm the girl who enjoys and treasures all moments we share. I'm the girl who wants to have a future with you. I'm the girl who will willingly share all good and bad times with you. I'm the girl who wants you to be happy always. I'm the girl who will make you happy, if you let me. I'm the girl who will love you forever, if forever is what you give me.

I'm the girl who will always treat you as my best friend and sister. I'm the girl who is willing to do almost anything for you, because of my love for you. I'm the girl who shares your ups and downs with. I'm the girl who will always be here for you. I'm the girl who wants to be your bridesmaid on your wedding day; to be godmum to your first baby. I'm the girl who you promised never to make angry after our one and only argument when we were sixteen. I'm the girl who pretended to be angry when I was hurt. I'm the girl who you will never know how much love and loyalty I have towards you.

I'm the girl who you made use of when you thought I was down and out. I'm the girl you tried to use words to seduce with. I'm the girl you thought was vulnerable. I'm the girl who is disgusted with all that you have done. I'm the girl who will never want to speak to you again. I'm the girl who wants to tell the whole world how horrible a person you are.

I'm the girl who was your first girlfriend. I'm the girl who was too young and immature to see how nice you were to me. I'm the girl who wishes we had remained friends.

I'm the girl who you held hands with, and who was totally freaked out by that one single action. I'm the girl who you told your dreams and fears to. I'm the girl who you refused to listen to or take advice from. I'm the girl who is tired of all the melodrama. I'm the girl who feels both frustration and sadness when I think of you. I'm the girl who will never speak to you again after all that has happened.

I'm the girl who had a crush on you when I'm not supposed to.

I'm the girl you'd want to have and hold forever. I'm the girl who you'd better treasure because I'm the girl who never comes around twice. I'm the girl who will make you happy with all the dreams I have for both of us. I'm the girl who you'd want to have a future with.

I'm the girl with big dreams.

If that's who I am, who are you?

No comments: